Children’s Choir: Learn singing, the fundamentals of music, and important life skills.
Junior (ages 5-8)
Senior (ages 9-12)
We are thrilled to give your sons the opportunity to sing with our Children’s Choir in 2013 FOR FREE! Call 949.385.2034 for further details.
Some benefits of children's choir:
- it's not just singing; it's learning about music
- it teaches kids how to work in a group setting
- it teaches kids autonomy in a group setting through solos and section leading -it's developing multicultural awareness by singing different styles of music and in different languages
- it integrates movement with music, deepening the student's awareness of the physicality of music-making
- it's a weekly group activity with a highly trained and experienced director
- it's an affordable alternative to private voice lessons or an enrichment class for private instrumental lessons
- it's an opportunity to make new friends
- it's an opportunity to perform in public with friends through scheduled community, regional theater, church, and concert events.
Children's choir regularly incorporates singing and
to teach musicianship. The Dalcroze circle game shown here helps
students develop quick response time, kinesthetic awareness,
and feel beat vs. rhythm.
About the class:
Our choir program teaches vocal basics in a fun group setting. Students learn proper warm-up and breathing exercises, and an introduction to musicianship, including simple sight-singing, rhythm games, and simple harmony. The choir works on a wide range of musical styles from contemporary Disney and Glee songs to Christmas classics and historical folk songs. Movement, games, and basic choreography add to this fun-oriented program.
The Junior Choir warms up before a recital