Irvine School of Music in the News
- Read about our Winter 2013 Open House in the OC Register!
- Read about our expansion in the OC Register! In order to better serve the needs of our students and faculty, we have expanded into a much larger, beautifully renovated space at 15415 Jeffrey Road Suite 202 (Irvine Village Shopping Center at Irvine Center Drive/Jeffrey), Irvine, 92618 on August 19, 2012.
- Edward Chan, Age 9 ISM piano student, is interviewed by the Daily Pilot News! Congrats Edward on this big honor!! See interview here
- The Irvine School of Music Children’s Choir to perform for Mayor Kang and Irvine Chamber of Commerce on Friday, May 18th at Irvine Hyatt Hotel!
As part of the Choir’s mission to bring music to the community, they will be performing during the prestigious 2012 Business Breakfast with the Mayor hosted by the Irvine Chamber of Commerce. Seen here are the kids with Mayor Sukhee Kang during a community outreach event hosted by the Persian Association of Resource Solution on April 21, 2012. Along with Edward Chan, age 9 piano student at the Irvine School of Music, and Voice Faculty Saousan Jarjour, they closed the program with a beautiful patriotic medley.
Mayor Sukhee Kang (L); Choir Director Terri Schmidt (C): ISM Director Cameron Tong (R)
3. Congratulations Edward!
Edward Chan, age 9, won the Music Teachers Association of California Orange County-West Bach Festival on March 11th. He will go on to represent our school at the Regional Round at Cal Sate Dominguez Hills in May. Happy Practicing Edward!
4. Congratulations to ALL of our 2012 Certificate of Merit in Piano participants for successfully passing their examinations!
Ethan Yang, Prep Level
Colin Sueyoshi, Level 1
Jay Phansalkar, Level 2
Megan Phansalkar, Level 3
Edward Chan, Level 4
Darron Leung, level 5
Cherie Chang, Level 7
Brandon Leung, Level 8
Andrew Chan, Level 10
Perfect Theory Scores:
Ethan Yang Highest
Theory Score Levels 6-10
Andrew Chan, 95%
Megan Phansalkar, 98%
Cherie Chang, 94%
Highest Performance Score:
Cherie Chang (5+ in sightreading, technique, and repertoire)
Selected for MTAC Branch Honors Recital:
Selected for MTAC Convention Recital in San Diego: